In this Post, we will see some of the Essential ANSYS mechanical interview questions.
Do you want to get into Mechanical Engineering? If yes, then you should definitely prepare for some tough interviews. The good news is that you don’t have to worry about the technical part, because we’ve got you covered.
Ansys is a leading provider of engineering simulation software solutions. They offer a wide range of tools for engineers to simulate their designs before they build them. Their products include finite element analysis (FEA), computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and structural mechanics.
Table of Contents
ANSYS Interview questions are around the following Modules
- 3D Design
- Embedded Software
- Explicit Dynamics
- Structures and
What is ANSYS Mechanical?
ANSYS Mechanical is a software package designed to simulate and analyze engineering problems. The company was founded in 1986 and has offices around the globe.
ANSYS Mechanical is a leading provider of 3D finite element analysis (FEA) software solutions for engineers, designers, scientists, and students. Their software simulates complex structural systems using advanced FEA techniques. They also offer a wide range of services such as consulting, training, and custom application development.
What are some of the challenges that you have faced while working at ANSYS?
ANSYS has been around since 1981, but we’ve only been a global company for about 10 years now. We started out as a small engineering consulting firm, and then grew into a software company. As our business expanded, we needed to hire more people to help us develop our products. This meant we had to expand our office space, which was challenging because we were already in a building that was built in the 1970s. We also wanted to make sure that we could continue to attract top talent, so we decided to move to a larger facility. In addition, we wanted to ensure that we would always have enough room to grow.
How do you think your experience at ANSYS helped prepare you for your current role?
I think my experience at ANSYS prepared me well for this position because I learned how to work with different teams and manage projects from start to finish. I also learned how to communicate effectively with clients and understand their needs.
Describe a typical day in your job.
A typical day starts with emailing clients and answering their questions. Then I go through the project plan and check off items that need to be done. Next, I review the status of the project and update the client if necessary. After that, I meet with team members to discuss any issues they may have. Finally, I close out the day by reviewing the schedule and making any adjustments.
What are the three basic types of stress?
a) Mechanical stress (tension, compression, shear),
b) Thermal stress (heat, cold, moisture),
c) Chemical stress (acidic, alkaline, toxic).
How do you measure stress?
a) Stress can be measured using strain gauges,
Some common questions are from the following topics:
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solution Method – Flux Type
If else statement command for Command Editor in CFD Post
- Enabling Energy Equation
- Aeroacoustics of Quadcopters
- question on creating volume in spaceclaim
- Error After Mesh
- Ansys Simulation – Graph
- How to avoid flame extinction on laminar counterflow diffusion flame?
- CFD Simulation of 2D thermosyphon
- When to use rotational and stationary fluid domain
- Ansys Meshing Sweep Method Failure
Ansys Fluent – Airfoil
- Adjusting diameter distribution in DPM.
- ENTROPY GENERATION THEORY?
- Do I need to consider gravity effects while studying the FSI of an aircraft wing?
- Problem with thermal coating not providing insulation for CFX model
- MSMD equation
- Average velocities at the inlets and outlets as a function of time
- Monitoring outlet velocity field
- Working Screen Zoom-Out
- Sudden Temperature jump for solid
- Possible unit inconsistency in k – epsilon equations applied to each phase of multiphase flow
- Vector for Coefficient of Pressure
- Ansys Fluent 2022 R1
- Floating point exception: Overflow
- How velocity and pressures are matched at the transition regions between porous and free flow domain
- How does Outlet Pressure changes effect the flow regime in a supersonic Flow?
- FLUENT-FFT ANALYSIS-STROUHAL NUMBER
- CFD analysis of a viscoelastic material
- simulate the process of rapid expansion and atomization of supercritical CO2
- CXF aero damping analysis results interpretation
- Ansys vof(volume of fluid)
- Fluid Flow Through a Stepped Tee Pipe
- Lee model – evaporation condensation
- Potential flow solver
- how to take perfect picture of mesh
- How could I calculate Reynolds No. of A Truncated CD Nozzle with Only limited known quantities?
- CFD DPM Particle initialization
Check out ANSYS Forums as well
Useful Videos related to ANSYS mechanical interview questions
Some books on ansys interview questions
Other Resources for ansys interview questions
You May Like
more interview questions